NYSSA is a medical specialty society, dedicated to providing continuing medical education to its members and advancing the practice of anesthesiology. We are a component society of The American Society of Anesthesiologists, Inc. (ASA). To be eligible for membership, your principal professional activity must be in New York State.
By becoming an NYSSA member, you join a community of approximately 3,000+ New York State anesthesiologists and more than 35,000 anesthesiologists nationwide. They advocate on behalf of both patients and physicians in formulating standards and guidelines, to advance the practice of anesthesiology. Together, NYSSA members provide a powerful and effective voice for our specialty, both in New York State and nationally.
Membership provides opportunities to:
Voice your opinion about changes affecting the practice of anesthesiology;
Attend the internationally acclaimed PostGraduate Assembly (PGA), at no additional fee;
Stay informed about the latest legal, governmental and regulatory developments;
Lobby and voice your views to your legislative representatives on issues of critical importance to the practice of anesthesiology;
Serve on committees.
Becoming an NYSSA Member
To become a member of NYSSA, you may request an application by contacting the NYSSA:
• Phone: 212-867-7140
• Email: HQ@nyssa-pga.org
• NYSSA/ASA application (PDF)
• Applications may also be completed online through the ASA website
Note: NYSSA is a component society of ASA. All NYSSA members must be, or become members of ASA.
NYSSA Categories and Annual Dues Fee
Active: Anesthesiologists practicing in New York State - $595.00 plus district fee
Retired: Active members of NYSSA who have been in good standing for 10 years or more, qualify for NYSSA Retired membership - No fee
Affiliate: Physicians or other scientists who are not engaged in the clinical practice of Anesthesiology - $297.50
Resident: Physician in training for anesthesiology residency in New York
State - $50.00
Medical Student: No fee
Membership Advantages and Opportunites
• PGA General Registration - Prepaid with NYSSA dues
(Provides up to 46.5 hours of category 1 CME Credits)
• Legislative and Legal Representation in Albany
• Legal Resources - Kern Augustine Conroy & Schoppmann, P.C.
• NYSSA Membership Directory (member log-in required)
• Speakers Bureau Spokespersons
• NYSSA Publications - Sphere
• Public Relations Media Outreach
• Liaison with other Medical and Specialty Societies
• Financial and Insurance Program Eligibility
• Headquarters Staff Information and Support